Cat Zingano is on a roll in Bellator and wanting for gold.
Zingano, a previous UFC bantamweight title challenger, picked up her second marketing get in as lots of fights Saturday night time, submitting Olivia Parker with an armbar at Bellator 256. The complete arrived at the 2:56 mark of the initial spherical.
Zingano (12-4 MMA, 2- BMMA) did not squander time hunting to consider the fight to the mat, capturing for a takedown right after throwing a head kick in the opening 10 seconds. After some clinch perform in opposition to the cage, she sooner or later bought Parker (4-2 MMA, -1 BMMA) down and immediately started out to display screen a slick floor activity.
Zingano transitioned from getting Parker’s again to securing whole mount to securing her again once again just before Parker managed to reverse the posture. But even then, Zingano remained poised and clean, and she immediately seized on an opening to lock in an armbar as she went belly down.
— BellatorMMA (@BellatorMMA) April 10, 2021
The end was the initially submission acquire for Zingano considering the fact that Oct 2012 when she defeated Raquel Pennington by rear-bare choke at Invicta FC 3.
Now with back again-to-again wins, the 38-calendar year-outdated Zingano built her intentions very clear with a looming women’s featherweight title fight in between winner Cris Cyborg and Leslie Smith upcoming thirty day period.
“I am in a operate for gold,” Zingano said. “I know who’s the very best. I’d appreciate to get a shot at the title right here in Bellator.”
Up-to-the-moment Bellator 256 benefits consist of:
- Cat Zingano def. Olivia Parker by using submission (armbar) – Round 1, 2:56
- Dan Moret def. Goiti Yamauchi by way of break up selection (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Dalton Rosta def. Tony Johnson by using unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Talita Nogueira def. Jessica Borga by way of unanimous conclusion (29-27, 29-27, 29-27)
- Jornel Lugo def. Cass Bell by using unanimous selection (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
- Cody Regulation def. Nathan Ghareeb via unanimous conclusion (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jaylon Bates def. Jeffrey Glossner through submission (guillotine choke) – Round 2, 1:27
- Nainoa Dung def. Izzy William through unanimous conclusion (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Diana Avsaragova def. Tara Graff by using knockout (punches) – Round 1, :29
- John Douma def. Will Smith via split final decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)